Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy 13 months! And ...."1 month"!

WOW! I can't believe we have a 13 month old.  It's funny....pre-Jonah it would drive me nuts when I would ask a parent how old their child was and they would respond in "month" increments.  I can totally understand pre-1 b/c that's all you have, but after that? Is it necessary? I always wondered if they just liked watching someone like me counting on their hand to try and figure out how old this kid was and by this point do I even care? 1 or 3 you know? None of this 22 months business.  But now that I have my own child, I totally realize I'm going to be the same way.  3 people today actually asked me how old Jonah was today in which I responded with a proud "13 months" And then laughed on the inside b/c I wondered, are you annoyed? Well don't be b/c 13 months is an easy one. Wait for the 22. Anyways b/c it IS important right? Each month is so special and I get that now.  He's not just 1...he's 13 months!  Big difference right? ESP with this kid.  I feel like he has changed SO much in just one month from ONE to 13 months.  I only thought he was running hard before.  He's a sweaty, dirty, grimy, food-stained "ALL BOY" mess when he comes home. It's definitely safe to say he lives each of his days to the fullest no doubt.  And even more safe to say he has come so far in 1 year.  1 year ago Jeez, you were ONE Month old....the time it was completely acceptable to answer "He's one month"  so now let's just take a look at how far you have come.  Even though I can still remember taking these pics like it was literally last month, not last year.  I was still living on the new mom crazy high endorphins and everything was pure bliss.  I was living off of zero sleep and had just had surgery b/c my C-section scar had come open, but nothing mattered in the world besides you.  You and your perfect little self with our perfect little team :)  P.S. - we thought you were huge by this point ;)  So Happy 13th months Jeez, and Happy Anniversary to your one month throwback.


2 comments:

  1. LOL! This made me laught b/c its so true! Before kids you don't get the whole 17 months thing (which who really knows how old 17 months is!) but you said it perfect! Each month counts so much and deserves its own label! Can we still say our kids are 204 months when they are 17???

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA what's funny is Ellen wrote about that in her book, that when we are little we are SO PROUD of how old we are and each month counts and you LOVE to say "I'm 4 AND A HALF!" But then when does it change? When do you become embarrassed and not proud of how old we are? We should always own it right? See...hi-5 Ellen, totally agree and actually...I'm ALMOST 34 AND A HALF. BAM! ;)

    ReplyDelete