Sunday, August 25, 2013

A few firsts

I totally know this blog, for the beginning at least, will be so out of order, but that's ok because at least it is here right?  It will probably be alot of throwback and forths, which will just make it all the more exciting :)
So before someone comes and steals your baby book or I lose your journal in a fire, or another phone gets wiped out, ok forget the last one because I'm pretty sure after yesterday I will never try to update anything on my phone alone again without an apple rep. from corporate headquarters next to me.  Ok, a little dramatic but you get the point.
So....here are some firsts:

  • Your first smile:  1st day we ever laid eyes on you, guess you were happy you won and got to come on out early
  • Your first tooth:  Bottom left at 8 1/2 months
  • Your first word: Da da
  • You started sitting:  Really not solid on this until close to 7 1/2 months.  You were a weeble wobble that totally did fall down forever
  • Started crawling:  Took about 2 crawls before you were 9 months, but seriously after your 9 month check up you came home and were crawling everywhere!  I think you heard Dr. Roberts ask us this question and wanted to let us know, oh yeah, I've got this guys.
  • You stood up:  9 1/2 months, but stood up on your own without pulling up to a stand, June 2, 2013.  I watched you from the kitchen as you got in your famous yoga downward dog and just stood up from there for about 10 seconds and then never stopped.  You LOVED standing.
  • Started solid foods:  6 months, first food avocado, but honestly you didn't really like solids until about 6 1/2 months.  Now you eat everything but green peas. Which I don't blame you on those
  • You clapped:  8 months
  • Waved goodbye:  11 1/2 months.  
  • Slept through the night:  3 months old
  • Slept in own room for the first time:  The night you came home, 13 days old
  • Laugh:  You probably laughed before this, but the day I wrote a story about it was December 8, 2012 -You definitely had "giggled" but one day you were laying on our bed and we were tickling you and for some reason we started singing "Al-le-lu-ia" And you started cracking up.  Like deep belly laugh over and over.  You have the sweetest laugh and I was so happy your daddy and I shared this moment together.  Prolly was my bad voice, but it did get you going
  • Rolled over:  First time was the first week we brought you home....OBV this was just a little super Jonah moment b/c you didn't do it again until....well, that was one of the milestones that got taken with the PWO (Phone wipe-out) 
  • First time I felt you move when prego:  Week 16-17.  By the time I was 18 weeks you were moving ALL. Of. THE. TIME. Oh and haven't stopped since :)
  • First 5K:  Mayor's cup, April 27th, 2013.  We ran with Aunt Kate and we won 1st in our age group. By "our" I mean mommy's, but obviously you were the real champ there.  Since I don't want to do many blog posts without a pic or two, b/c how exciting is that?  Here are 2 from that fun day.

First time you walked:  11 1/2 months.  This one deserves its own entry, but I'm going to have to do a little inspector gadgeting on this to find the video that went with the PWO.  But you actually took your first two steps in your crab baby pool.  Which was smart honestly.  You know how the bottom of baby pools are, good and grippy.  What better surface to start on?  After that, we came inside and you just started stepping. This was on a Sunday and by Wednesday, you were everywhere.  I believe I counted 22 steps that day in our bedroom.  You also obviously learned the cabbage patch around this same time b/c that is what you did with every step you took.  It was quite impressive. You are definitely my child learning how to walk and dance on the same day.  Those are both basic life skills that are totally equally important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment