Monday, August 26, 2013

If You're Happy and You Know It.....

Clap your hands *insert Jonah clapping and smiling!!  Sure enough on the way to school this AM, I just broke out in song (a daily occurrence) only usually it's not necessarily kid-friendly.  Hey, I didn't say it was inappropriate, just not necessarily a kid-song such as this classic.  Don't get me wrong, I've sang to Jeez kid songs since before he was even out of my belly.  In fact, Jas thinks I make up songs (I like to eat, eat, eat, ayples and buhnaynays, or apples and bananas) because that's how many random kid-songs I sing around the house.  OK side tangent sorry, back to this AM.  As I sang, "If You're Happy and you Know it Clap your Hands"  I looked in my rear view and there was Jeez just a smiling and clapping.  He has done this before but I'm always sitting with him doing the motions during the song.  This time it was all him. He was feeling happy so he went with it. No mommy instructions needed.  And guess what?  Now I have a blog that I get to write down this story and smile about it.  So now I'm happy.....and just may be clapping my hands.  Or maybe shouting hoo-ray b/c let's be honest, that's every one's favorite part.
PS - This was Jonah's first day in his new big boy car seat. Went with the Britax Boulevard.  I'm gonna take his clapping and smiling his way of saying thanks guys, I love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment