Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"I Belong with You...You Belong with Me...."

"You're my Sweeeetheeeeeeart"  Yesterday I mentioned singing with Jonah on the way to school in the mornings, NON kid friendly songs.  So after listening to this song this AM, I thought I would go ahead and write about it.  The very first day I ever brought you to school Jeez, we listened to this song by the Lumineers.  I wanted you to know that I was NOT OK with bringing you to school....that I knew I belonged with you and you with me....and of course, you are my sweetheart on top of that.  I have never cried so hard in my life, maybe since then I have, like when I wiped out my phone ;)  But probably not even this much.  I am not going  into detail on this post about these difficulties everyday, because this is not a sad post, it's a music makes us happy post.  But from that day forward we listened to that song every single day on the way to school, and you would smile a "I know mommy, it's OK, God's got this" smile and I would smile right back in hopes that you knew I believed this too.  Then, I would drive off and pray my heart out with tears flowing down my face, that God really did have this. A prayer that I am sure every mommy across the world that was doing the same thing, was also praying.  OK sorry, back to happy music.  You already have such a diverse love for music as does your mommy and daddy.  I was actually working on your "hospital playlist" the Sunday that I went to the hospital and obviously didn't know that I was going to have you.  I had previously talked to Dr. P the week before about bringing music in and he of course said absolutely.  Daddy wasn't surprised- I made play lists for EVERY occasion.  B/c there is one.  So this may have been the most important one I was ever working on to date.  More important than the playlist for the AL National Championship game.  Well, of course I didn't have it done, which was ok.  Lucky for me, Dr. P had his ipod and led your life off with some Coldplay, and it was perfect.  In your first few months of life, Coldplay would actually calm you down.  Another one of your favorites is "Fly me to the Moon" By Frank Sinatra.  I would take your hand in mine and dance you around the house and sing this to you.  You smiled so big, you love to dance.  And then, I would picture us dancing to this at your wedding one day for our Mother/Son dance. And ask you "I wonder if you will step on my toes then?" Because right now you never do :) 
So I hope your love for music continues to grow....and expand. Music has always made my heart smile and I hope it does yours too.  Whether it is Run DMC "It's Tricky" or The Lumineers, sing your heart out Jeez.




1 comment: